Founded as a small family business, Maglificio Gran Sasso is now an international icon of Made in Italy fashion. Its history begins in 1952 in Sant’Egidio alla Vibrata, a small village south of the border between Marche and Abruzzo, thanks to the entrepreneurial spirit of the four brothers Nello, Eraldo, Alceo and Francesco Di Stefano..
The new millennium has been crucial to the Company’s development. In addition to the new factory at S. Egidio alla Vibrata, in 2005 Maglificio Gran Sasso inaugurated a new plant in Roseto degli Abruzzi, specialised in weaving on Cotton looms. The building was salvaged from a furnace formally dedicated to the production of handmade bricks.
Today Maglificio Gran Sasso is a company that ranks amongst the leading players in the production and marketing of knitwear and casual wear. The high quality of products is guaranteed by the expert craftsmanship involved in all stages of the production: every product is hand-made, using techniques of craftsmanship, to become an exclusive and distinguishable item. In recent years also the third generation has effectively joined the company and continues to maintain that balance of tradition and innovation of the product that always distinguishes the brand. The Company also has an industrial dyeing plant and a showroom in via Montenapoleone in Milan, one of the most fashionable locations in Italy.